Neurosurgery is a medical specialty concerned with the diagnosis, treatment, evaluation, prevention, and surgical management of a wide variety of disorders affecting the brain, spinal column, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves.
At Burjeel Hospital of Advanced Surgery, our neurosurgeons are trained in the use of minimally-invasive surgical techniques to achieve comparable or better results than open surgery. The benefits to the patient include less pain, faster recovery time, shorter hospital stay, and minimal scarring when compared to traditional surgery.
Our neurosurgeons are not only brain surgeons but are medically trained neurosurgical specialists who can assist patients with neck and back pain, head injuries, trigeminal neuralgia, and Parkinson’s disease.
We work with a team of doctors and subspecialists in other areas to ascertain the most appropriate treatment for our patients. Some of the common conditions treated by our neurosurgeons include:
- Brain aneurysm and stroke
- Parkinson’s disease
- Congenital conditions such as spinal bifida
- Neuroendocrine disorders and pituitary tumors
- Degenerative spinal conditions and prolapsed discs
- Trauma of the head and spinal cord
- Tumors of the brain, spine, and skull
- Cerebral palsy
- Brain infections
- Arteriovenous malformation