Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Specialized in Joint Replacement, Sports Medicine and Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Qualification: MD, PhD German Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Sports Medicine, Physical Therapy and Advanced Orthopaedic Surgery
Austrian Board Certified in Rheumatology and Sports Medicine
- Languages Spoken: English, German
Matthias Honl is a German Board Certified Orthopaedic Consultant having more than 25 years of international experience in total joint replacement surgeries (hip, knee, shoulder and ankle), sports injuries and reconstructive surgery. Among his achievements, he has authored several scientific publications focusing on numerous clinical and biomechanical projects. Notably, he is renowned for the design of the minimal invasive “SILENT HIP” and the “Water Jet Scalpel” for micro invasive spine surgeries.
Matthias Honl graduated from Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf in the year 1990 in Medicinal Science. In his early years of practice, he was able to achieve a Doctor degree in mechanical engineering. He was lecturing as Assistant Professor in Technical University Hamburg Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering. In 2003 was awarded by the Orthopaedic Research Society for his research in computer assisted and robotic surgery and became faculty member and Visiting Professor at Rush University Medical Centre Chicago USA. Before relocating to the UAE in 2011 he was Chairman of the Orthopaedic Department of the 1400 bed Klagenfurt Hospital in Austria.
In 2013 he was awarded as the Leading Orthopaedic Capacity in the Gulf in recognition of his exemplary achievements in orthopaedics and invaluable services to the society. Till date, he has performed more than 8000 orthopaedic surgeries in countries like the UAE, Germany, Austria, UK and the United States. He remains a top-notch lecturer around the globe.
- Specialized in Total Hip and Knee replacement surgery
- Osteotomies of lower limbs including pelvis
- Knee Arthroscopic Surgeries for Meniscus Cartilage ACL and PCL
- Shoulder Arthroscopies and Shoulder Replacement surgeries
- Paediatric Orthopaedics and Bone Tumour surgeries
- Sports Medicine and Sports injuries
- Advanced Trauma surgeries
- Bone lengthening procedures
- Regenerative Therapy inclusive autologous Stem Cells and cartilage bioengineering
- Musculoskeletal Botox Therapy