Dr. Basil Al Sharef
CONSULTANT ORTHOPAEDIC SPINAL SURGEON
- MBBS (Germany)
- German Board in Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
- Swiss Board in Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
- Consultant Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon
After completing his medical studies 2005 at the Christian Albrecht University in Kiel (Germany), Dr. Basil made his residency training at the most renowned spinal centres in Germany. In 2012 Dr. Basil got his German board in orthopaedic and trauma surgery and in 2013, Swiss board in orthopaedic and trauma surgery. Since 2012 he worked as a Consultant orthopaedic spinal surgeon in Germany and Switzerland. From 2016 to 2018 he worked as a Senior Consultant orthopaedic spine surgeon in Germany.
Most recently, Dr. Basil was a Consultant Spine Surgeon at the Competence Centre for Spinal surgery and Pituitary Surgery Nuremberg, before moving permanently to Burjeel Hospital Dubai in 2020.
- Degenerative Spine Conditions of Thoracic, Lumbar Spine & Cervical Spine including anterior Cervical & posterior surgeries
- Spinal Traumatology of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine including vertebral body replacement
- Spinal infections (Spondylodiscitis, Discitis, Epidural Abscesses)
- Spinal tumor Surgery including Tumor debulking & stabilization in all spinal sections
- Spinal Deformities (Adults) including Adult Degenerative Scoliosis Corrections Surgery, Spondylolisthesis Vera & Post-traumatic Kyphosis
- Spinal Deformities (Pediatrics) including Spondylolisthesis Vera & Scoliosis/Kyphosis
- Revision Surgery