Consultant Neurosurgeon, Specialized in Neurosurgery
Medical Director for Neuroscience Department – Burjeel Hospital
Consultant & Head of Neurosurgery – Burjeel Hospital
- Qualification: MD, MS, PhD, Facharzt for Neurosurgery
Dr. Amr EL Shawarbi is a German Board Certified Neurosurgeon with over 25 years of international experience as Consultant Neurosurgeon. Dr. Amr has attained his M.B.B.C.H & Masters in Neurosurgery following with M.D. & Ph.D in Nureosurgery from Alexandria University, Egypt. He was the Head of the Neurosurgery Department and Medical Director in prestigious hospitals all around the world.
Currently he is the Medical Director for Neuroscience department at Burjeel Hospital. He is also the President of the Pan Arab Neurosurgical Society, and currently the Vice President of The WFNS (World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies).
Under his belt, he has published several important research papers and publications. And he is also part of many national and international seminars as a chief speaker.
- Skull base surgery (Cranial Surgery).
- Pediatric Neurosurgery.
- Peripheral Nerve Surgery.
- Spine Surgery.
- Micro-surgical Spine Operations.
- Surgical Management of Spinal Trauma.
- Spinal instrumentation and spinal implantation.
- Anterior, Lateral, Posterior Approaches to the spine.