Chronic pain can affect your whole life: your ability to work, to be active, your relationships, and your feelings. Therefore, a full and active life may seem an impossible dream. When chronic pain does not improve with standard treatments, our Pain Clinic may provide with a total relief. The sooner you seek treatment the sooner you can regain your active life again
International Association for Study of Pain (IASP) defines pain as "an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience” associated with actual or potential tissue damage, or described in terms of such damage.
This definition of pain allows us to understand that pain is not only a sensory experience but also an emotion that can affect quality of life.
What is Chronic Pain?
Chronic pain is a persistent pain signal that keeps firing in the nervous systems for more than 6 months. It causes people to withdraw into a downward spiral of anger, depression and despair.
We Help You Get Back to Normal Life
Being one of its kind in the Middle East, our Pain Clinic provides safe, proven, effective treatments, diagnosis and management of chronic pain aimed at helping people with chronic pain return to a normal and active lifestyle.
We Work as a Team
At Pain Clinic, we adopt a multidisciplinary team approach to the evaluation and treatment of pain. A team of world-class experts closely coordinates with each other to design a variety of strategies to manage your pain. Our highly skilled Anesthesiologist, Interventional pain management physician, Neurologist, Rheumatologist, Physiotherapist, and Nutritionist use cutting-edge technology to provide compassionate and holistic plans to eliminate or reduce pain, promote coping strategies, and improve function and the quality of life.
We offer personalized diagnosis and treatment plan based on the patient's medical history, physical examination and specialized studies, enabling us to treat each patient with unique therapies tailored for their specific needs.
What We Expect from Our Patients?
We expect from our patients to be true to themselves and show a strong desire to get back to the normal life. Also, they should be highly motivated to make positive changes in their life to reduce pain. They should be open to discover all factors that cause pain. Moreover, they should understand that improvement is not something we provide, but something we help them achieve. They should not wait for our any opioid prescription rather they should be willing to take the first step. Furthermore, they should not hide any relevant information that could be a useful source for diagnosing the right treatment.
We focus on three-pronged strategy to provide comprehensive clinical trials seeking better, more effective treatments for managing pain.
- Management of chronic pain by variable interventions
- Management of acute pain
- Management of post-surgical pain
We use a multidisciplinary approach to help patients play the leading role in managing their pain and regaining control of their life. We develop special therapy plans tailored to their specific needs, circumstances, and preferences. These plans focus on the total person, not just the pain as they help obtain the positive results for people with acute or chronic pain. We employ various latest techniques, fluoroscopy and ultrasound guided interventions, therapies, diagnosis and treatment with the collaboration of the following disciplines:
- Interventional pain management specialist
Modern Anesthetic Techniques
Committed to improving the lives of people with chronic pain, we adopt cutting-edge techniques to control pain from illness, injury, surgery, cancer and terminal illness. Our assessment, treatment and prevention services focus on enriching the lives of the people we serve.
- Diagnostic nerve blocks
- Facet joint blocks (for back pain e.g. due to spinal degeneration)
- Interventional regional blocks (e.g. post herpetic pain syndrome and phantom limb pain)
- Intercostal nerve blocks (e.g. post herpetic pain syndrome and cancer related pain)
- Sacroiliac Joint Injections (e.g. lower back and groin pain)
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar epidural steroid injections (for back pain due to spinal degeneration)
- Trigger point injections (e.g. for treatment of Fibromyalgia and Myofascial Pain Syndrome)
- Radio frequency / Rhizolysis
- Non-surgical protocols for treatment of sciatica, disc herniation and facetogenic pain syndrome
Our Diagnostic Approach
We use comprehensive approach focused on your wellbeing. Using the advanced tools in diagnostic technology, we offer tailored plans for each individual designed to satisfy their medical needs.
- Evaluation by carefully reviewing the medical records
- We recommend them to have results (X-Ray, MRI, Lab Test, etc.)
- Based on their medical reports, clinical evaluation, physical examination and pain-screening test, we identify the causes of pain and diagnose the appropriate treatment plan and we discuss and carefully explain the plan to patient and his/her family as well.
We have set specific treatment goals based on a multi-modal regimen, which is key to successful pain management.
People with chronic pain need to:
- Regain control of their lives
- Resume normal function including work, play and socialization
- Regain the physical strength and endurance necessary for full involvement in life activities
- Reduce level of pain, when possible
- Replace a self-image of disability with one of wellness
- Long term drug free interventional pain management
We do not use one-size fits all solution. However, we employ specific treatment methods depending on patient’s specific condition.
- Blocks diagnostics and therapeutic guided by ultrasound and fluoroscopy
- Sacroiliac joint injection and radio frequency ablation
- Facet joint injection and radio frequency ablation
- Trigger point injection
- Transforaminal steroid injection
- Epidural steroid injection
- Peripheral and facial pain radio frequency
- Sympathetic blocks
Our Medical Services include
We use exercise and rehabilitation, medications and monitoring, injection techniques, relaxation and mind-body treatments to help people with acute pain feel better and function better. In addition, we educate patients how to control their pain in order to reduce depression, anxiety, anger or other emotions, which increase the sense of pain.
Our experts provide various custom-made treatment options catering to each individual’s specific needs, ensuring painless life.
- "Shingles" (Herpes Zoster)
- Spinal Nerve Root Compression
- Myofascial Syndrome
- Post-Surgery Mobilization and Physic Therapy
- Phantom Limb Pain
- Neck and Back Pain
- Arthropathic Pain
- Disc Prolapse and Discitis
- Musculoskeletal Pain
- Pain associated with osteoporosis and vertebral compression
- Facet pain syndrome