Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon, Specialized in Hand Surgery
- Qualification: MD
- Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
- Licenciate in Medicine and Surgery, Madrid, Spain
- Bristish Certificate of training in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, UK
- Spanish Certificate of Specialist in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery
- Honour Certificate of “Caballero” professor given by F/SLAOT (Federacion of Societies and Associations Latinoamericans of Trauma and Ortopaedic Surgery)
- Senior Consultant Hand and Orthopaedic Surgeon in Medcare Hospital for 2 years and previously for 3 years at SKMC in Abu Dhabi.
- Senior Consultant Hand & Orthopaedic Surgeon in Newham University Hospital, Chairman of the Hand Unit, London, UK for 12 years before came to UAE
- Lecturer for St. Bartholomew and London University for 10 years, London, UK
- Examiner for the PLAB for the GMC for 10 years.
- Expert in Fitness for Practice, in cases of malpractice in Orthopaedics, working for the General Medical Council for 8 years.
- Training in Hand Surgery in UK, Spain and Kentucky for 4 years, after finish my Orthopaedic and Trauma Specialty training.
- Training in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery in Spain previous to move to UK for 10 years.
- Member of the British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Member of the Spanish Society for Hand Surgery.
- Member of the European Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Member of the British Orthopaedic Association
- Member of the Spanish Cosmetic Society
- Member of the General Medical Council, UK
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered:
- Diagnosis and management of Rheumatic Hands, Arthritis with or without joint replacement implantation. Posttraumatic joint replacements.
- Congenital hand deformities. Dupuytren diseases, Periferal nerve compression, peripheral nerve surgery.
- Tendons repair, tendons reconstruction, tendons transposition.
- Management of tenosynovitis, tendinitis and results of repetitive movements.
- Ligament repair. Ligament reconstruction. SLIL (Scapholunate interosseo ligament) repair or reconstruction. TFCC repair or reconstruction.
- Carpal stabilization. Carpal bone fixation. Scaphoid fracture, Scaphoid non-union or mal union.
- Partial wrist Arthrodesis or Total wrist arthrodesis, proximal carpetectomy.
- Wrist Arthroscopy and treatment.
- Fracture fixation: wrist, elbow, forearm, metacarpal phalangeas (fingers in general) in children and adults.
- Sequels of previous operations. Deformities hand and fingers.
- Removal of benign or malignant tumors, or lumps in the hand/wrist