Consultant Orthopaedic Specialized in Arthroscopic Surgery, Sports Injuries, Knee, Ankle & Lower Limb
- Qualification: Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon (licenced in Dubai, Bahrain, Romania, and Finland)
- Languages Spoken: Finnish (native), English (excellent), Swedish (fluent), Russian (basics)
- M.D. degree, University of Turku, Finland, 1988
- Ph. D. degree, University of Turku, Finland, 1995
- Specialist in general surgery, University of Turku, Finland, 1995
- Specialist in orthopaedics and traumatology, University of Turku, Finland, 1998
- Associate Professor (appointment), University of Turku, Finland, 2002
- 1993-1998 Specialist training, University of Turku, Finland
- 1996-1997 Sports Medicine Fellowship, Duke University, NC, USA
- 1998-2005 Orthopaedic specialist, Mehilainen Hospital, Turku, Finland
- 2005-2006 Chief surgeon, Mehilainen Hospital, Turku, Finland
- 2006-2008 Head of knee surgery, Pulssi Hospital, Turku, Finland
- 2009-2011 Founder and CEO, Hospital NEO, Turku, Finland
- 2011-present Chief surgeon, Hospital NEO, Turku, Finland
- Over 40 papers published in international scientific journals.
- Finnish Orthopaedic Association, since 1997
- Finnish Arthroscopic Society, since 2006 (founding member)
- Nordic Orthopaedic Association, since 2002
- Piedmont Orthopaedic Association (NC, USA, 1997-2002)
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered:
About 35,000 outpatient consultations and over 5,000 surgeries performed throughout orthopaedic career.
Since 2006 all clinical work has been involved with diagnosis and treatment of lower limb problems, with specific focus on knee and ankle arthroscopic surgery. Over 4,000 arthroscopies and over 1,000 knee ligament surgeries performed, including difficult reoperations and multi-ligament reconstructions.